As a private higher education institution, “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University was founded and structured to meet urgent requirements of political, economic and social significance in the field of human resources, by training professionals for the public and private sectors, according to European standards.
The mission of “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University is to generate an innovative environment of learning and research, in full accordance with the humanistic values, aiming to train specialists able to foster the economic and social progress.
Through its teaching and research mission, the “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University aims to:
• generate and transfer knowledge, new information, innovative approach and culture;
• confirm and strengthen its first rank within the Romanian universities elite, to obtain international recognition of performance in advanced research and education;
• promote ethical values of autonomy, liberty and independence stipulated in the Magna Charta of the European Universities.
The elements of specificity and opportunity contributing to achieving the university mission are:
• respecting professional and human values;
• insuring quality in education and research by harmoniously combining tradition and modernity;
• encouraging personal and spiritual development of the academic community members;
• being involved in settling social issues; transparency and efficiency inside the internal and external communication.
The “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University vision is focused on excellence, social competence and responsibility; it is a reference university centered on education and research, a leader in promoting sustainable development, fully integrated in the European area of academic education and research, to the benefit of national and international community.
The associated values are transparency, performance, team spirit, equity, merit recognition, ethics, openness to community.
According to the University Charter, the functioning principles of the university are the full university autonomy, compliance with the Romanian legislation, including ordinances and instructions issued by the Ministry of Education and ARACIS, banning any discrimination on the grounds of nationality, race, gender, religion or political beliefs.